Dining Services may change from Pepsi to Coke products
For the last decade, Pepsi brand fountain drinks have been provided for University of Rhode Island students to drink. From the dining halls to the Rams Den, the campus has been filled with the trademarked Pepsi soda cups.
But all of that could soon change.
Rumors have been flying around campus about a possible switch by Dining Services from Pepsi products to Coke products.
"A committee, not dining services, makes the ultimate decision," said Steve Mello, the university's director of dining and retail food operations.
As of right now, the campus dining halls are tentatively switching to Coke products because of a possible better bid. However, it is still a possibility that Pepsi could outbid them.
"All companies have the ability to provide the university with their products," Mello said.
What would this mean for students eating on campus? If the switch was made right now, the dining halls and on campus food services would no longer be able to sell or provide any Pepsi products. As of now they're not able to sell or provide any Coke products.
"It all seems like a lot of change happening very fast," said freshman student Cary Fitch.
However, freshman Sarah Babin said she didn't care too much about the possible switch. "It doesn't really affect me. I try to stick with drinking only water in the dining halls and I think other students should too. It's the healthiest option."
A possible switch from Pepsi to Coke would mean replacing some of the other current fountain drink options, such as Mountain Dew.
While the university has yet to make a final decision, "Once the bid is awarded to either Coke or Pepsi it will become public knowledge," according to Mello.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Good 5 Cent Cigar News Articles
Recent The Good 5 Cent Cigar News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE GOOD 5 CENT CIGAR NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE GOOD 5 CENT CIGAR NEWS
- Former URI basketball player charged with first-degree murder
- Alumni serve community through campus cleanup
- Student Alumni Association to host 24th annual Oozeball
- Public relations UnClassroom experience helps publicize theater
- Event to bring attention to sexual violence on campus
- URI student honored at State House
- The Big Event Indian Festival
RECENT THE GOOD 5 CENT CIGAR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit