Two URI students arrested in local home invasion
Two University of Rhode Island students were arrested last Wednesday and charged with felony breaking and entering, felony assault with a dangerous weapon and felony conspiracy, according to the Narragansett Patch.
Blake R. Hinds, of Medfield, Mass., and Alexander Mansi, of Branford, Conn., both 19, were arrested after breaking and entering a home on 120 Sakonnet Blvd. in Narragansett at about 11 a.m. According to Narragansett police reports, the men were armed with brass knuckles and a crowbar during the break-in. Both men are residents of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity house, but sources weren't sure if they are members of the fraternity.
According to the Narragansett Patch, tenants of the home restrained Hinds and Mansi until the police arrived to the house. The Providence Journal also reported that Narragansett Police detective Lt. Sean Corrigan said the men knew the tenants of the home and had been targeted specifically. Both Mansi and Hinds were arraigned last Wednesday in Fourth Division District Court before Judge Madeline Quirk. The men were ordered to be held without bail and the bail review was scheduled for yesterday. At the time of press, the result of the bail review is uncertain.
A search through the Rhode Island court records shows no prior arrests for Hinds, but one other arrest appeared for Mansi. He was arrested and charged for possession of marijuana, possession of a weapon-switchblade-and being a minor in possession of alcohol. The Narragansett Patch reported that on Oct. 26 at approximately 2:16 a.m. Mansi was arrested. Mansi is scheduled for a pre-trial conference on Nov. 29. The Providence Journal reported Mansi has pleaded not guilty to the charges
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Good 5 Cent Cigar News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE GOOD 5 CENT CIGAR NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE GOOD 5 CENT CIGAR NEWS
- Former URI basketball player charged with first-degree murder
- Alumni serve community through campus cleanup
- Student Alumni Association to host 24th annual Oozeball
- Public relations UnClassroom experience helps publicize theater
- Event to bring attention to sexual violence on campus
- URI student honored at State House
- The Big Event Indian Festival
RECENT THE GOOD 5 CENT CIGAR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest