Student proclaims that URI has plenty to be thankful for
Although we all have plenty of complaints, it's not all that bad here. And in the light of Thanksgiving, we should recognize that we're actually pretty lucky to be here.
While you're complaining about how much you hate URI and it wasn't your "number one" school, remember that there were thousands of high school graduates who couldn't attend college because their family didn't have the money to send them. You're fortunate to be here.
While you're complaining about the hike up the hill to Swan Hall, remember that there are women and children in Africa that walk up to 8 miles just to get fresh water. The walk to Swan isn't that bad.
While you're complaining about how bad the food is, remember there are 925 million people in the world who are starving. You should be able to find something satisfying in either of the two dining halls.
You don't like your dorm? Be thankful you have a room. Remember that there are more than 636,000 people who are homeless in the United States. They don't have a home to sleep in tonight - you do.
I'm sure there are many more things that we complain about: the cold weather, the hard professors, the lack of treadmills at the gym and how URI Secure almost never works, we should really be more thankful and see how lucky we are to be here. GO RHODY!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Good 5 Cent Cigar News Articles
Recent The Good 5 Cent Cigar News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE GOOD 5 CENT CIGAR NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE GOOD 5 CENT CIGAR NEWS
- Former URI basketball player charged with first-degree murder
- Alumni serve community through campus cleanup
- Student Alumni Association to host 24th annual Oozeball
- Public relations UnClassroom experience helps publicize theater
- Event to bring attention to sexual violence on campus
- URI student honored at State House
- The Big Event Indian Festival
RECENT THE GOOD 5 CENT CIGAR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...